Thursday, April 19, 2012

First Things First


In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus tells his followers not to worry so much about the everyday concerns of life, but to “seek first the kingdom of God.” Well, where is it, and how do we find it?  The kingdom of God is within you and you find it by looking for it.

Jesus said “I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30) and in verse 38, he goes on to say that “I am in the Father and the Father is in me.” God’s kingdom is in you.  Jesus says “Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened. (Matt 7:7)   

What Jesus is telling us is that we should raise our own God consciousness or our awareness of God’s presence within ourselves by going inward and looking for it and praying for it to be revealed. The difficulty we have doing that is that our egos block anything that tries to dominate them. Prayer, meditation, and contemplation of God’s Word are the tools we need to use if we are to experience God’s presence within and find the kingdom of God.

Gracious God, help me to experience you presence within so that I know that you are in me and I am in you.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment